Monday, September 10, 2012

Milk & Honey Quilt

I have a ton of things I should be posting. . . but I'm super excited about this right now, so here we go.

I saw this posted on pinterest.com and fell in love with the quilt. It unfortunately wasn't posted to pinterest in a way that gave me any information as to what it was, or who designed it.
http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/98516310568591710_cJoEpISJ.
Off to thequiltingboard.com I go to ask for help. Well, a few lovely individuals had some great information to share. And I was able to discover that this is likely an American Jane quilt pattern called Pretzel Party. 

Now, looking at it. A few people were put off by the fact that it had so many Y-seems. I happen to love hexagons used in quilts, but aren't such a big fan of fiddling around with Y-seems. So, I've started to redraft it to make it possible to cut out with my AccuQuilt Studio hexagons and 3" strips and be able to sew it with very few Y-seems. 

It's still really, really rough (i.e., nothing is to scale), but I think you can get the idea of how it would go together from this image:
What do you think? I can see where I need to make a couple more edits to make it all straight seems on this quilt. But I also see that it is totally do-able.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have asked for a better blog. You happen to be always at hand to offer excellent guidance, going straight away to the point for easy understanding of your site visitors. You're really a terrific pro in this subject matter. Many thanks for being there visitors like me.

Anonymous said...

I always like to have a read about such things, my blog is related if you want to have a look round it please feel free. I have added yours to my bookmarks.

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Just as good as your last post. Do you accept advertisers?

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to say that I like your article very much. Please keep up the good posts Thanks a ton! and Have a good day

JoyceT said...

Love this breakdown. I think it will work.